Friday, May 7, 2010

Survival of the Fittest

These plants have opted to grow in unlikely, hard-to-make-it places but are thriving nonetheless. The impatiens above are from an errant seed that burst out of a hanging basket and fell into a crack where the house, patio tiles and a cement walkway meet. Despite getting knocked into as the hose is drug past, they're growing just as well as the potted impatiens near by.


This little nasturtium above makes me smile every time I see him. He's popped up in a seam of the driveway near where I park and, being right outside my door, is in plain sight as I go in and out and always catches my eye. That's his first blossom so far and you can see there are several more buds getting ready to bloom.

1 comment:

  1. You really have to admire those plants and flowers that happily sprout up out of a crack or crevice...the are brave! :o) These are lovely... Happy Weekend, Amanda ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete