Thursday, March 25, 2010

An Afternoon In the Garden

A view of my cottage from the best place to sit when the weather is warm.

Sometimes unanticipated yard work is the best and most productive kind. Sometimes one thing leads to another and simply mowing the lawn leads to heavy trimming and weeding. So went my afternoon and I am beyond thrilled!

Here's my new view from the back door: open, green and airy. No longer overgrown, dark or crying for attention.

You can see the freshly groomed palm trunk right above the calla lilies.

Other places in the garden are showing their spring colors and the irises are in full swing.

And the camellia is ready to burst with blossoms.

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty place to relax and enjoy the sunshine. Your flowers are so pretty. My eggs arrived today, and I love them! Thanks. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home and garden are sooo lovely, Amanda...such beauty and serenity. LOVE those camellia...*swoon*... Happy Weekend, my friend :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete